Sarah has gone to join her loving husband John, having passed peacefully in her 91st year on Wednesday, May 31, 2017. She will be greatly missed by children Tom (Joanne) and Eleanor (Paul), grandchildren JohnPaul, Rachel and Chloe, sister Eleanor and many dear nieces and nephews. The family will receive friends at the HUMPHREY FUNERAL HOME A.W. MILES – NEWBIGGING CHAPEL, 1403 Bayview Avenue (south of Davisville Avenue) from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., and 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6th. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 7th in ST. BONAVENTURE CHURCH, 1300 Leslie Street. Interment at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery. Condolences, photographs and memories may be forwarded through www.humphreymilesnewbigging.com.
Sarah McAteer has lived her life…
· The Depression with her 5 siblings
· Going into the land army during WW2
· Driving tramcars during the blackout
· Her many, and varied travels around the world
· Being the proudest Nana to the best grandchildren ever
· Her vibrant presence will be remembered by the fortunate people who crossed